Workshop Media Technology
COURSE 1: Basics for beginners & advanced students
COURSE 2: Advanced & live mixing for advanced students
Sound engineering is a challenge for most fellowships. Volunteer technicians meet ambitious musicians with specific ideas. Different demands, needs in the monitor mix and sound ideas create tension. As a rule, financial and human resources are also limited.
In addition, new tasks for fellowships have emerged with livestream and social media. Network technology plays an important role in these multimedia productions with audio, video and lighting, as it is the direct route into the world of social media.
This is exactly where this workshop comes in: Based on practical examples and with the help of the Schleife technique, we develop suitable solutions for different situations in the life of worship. Together we delve into the necessary basics and gain experience in the areas of audio, video and lighting.
- Course 1: Friday/Saturday, January 31/February 1, 2020
- Course 2: Friday/Saturday, October 16/17, 2020 (new date)
Times: FRI, 17.00 – 21.00 / SAT, 9.00 – 18.00
Place: Stiftung Schleife
- Single course: CHF 120.− / EUR 110.−
- Combination course 1&2: CHF 200.− / EUR 180.−
Discount: 20% discount for married couples as well as pupils / trainees / students. You receive a group discount for groups of 5 or more, please register directly with the office (firstname.lastname@example.org / 052 233 60 80).
Responsible: Bernd Reichert
Bernd Reichert is a sound engineer. He has been planning and running events for 30 years and was Technical Director of the Kölnarena from 2000 to 2005. He also worked as a freelance event planner and was the IHK examiner for event managers in Germany. Bernd has been responsible for the entire technology and implementation of events for over a year as technical manager at the Schleife Foundation.
COURSE 1: BASICS
- Audio technology: sound engineering basics, microphoning optimization of your own technology, basics of mixing consoles, monitoring, lectern microphones, recording options
- Video technology: digitization, social media presence
- Lighting technology: stage lighting
COURSE 2: SOUND DAMPENING & LIVE MIXING
- Audio technology: digital mixing consoles, monitoring wedges / in-ear, more security when using technology, live mix / studio mix for live streams, network technology, digitalization
- Video technology: livestreams, webinars
- Lighting technology: stage lighting, studio lighting
- Course 1 can be attended without prior knowledge and is suitable for beginners in the field of media technology as well as advanced students.
- For Course 2, we require basic knowledge of media technology or attending Course 1.